Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for Yes, Dear

The A to Z Challenge is drawing to a close.

When in doubt, two words may bale you out: "Yes, Dear!"

She says, "Dinner will be ready at 6."

You say, "Yes, Dear. I'll quit typing on the computer and will be there."



She says, "We're invited to mom's for Sunday dinner."

You say, "Yes, Dear." You don't say, "Oh, God, do we have to?"



She says, "I am not going to the mall with you wearing your old paint splattered shorts and that horrible 'Code Naked' t-shirt."

You say, "Yes, Dear. I will change before we go."



She says, "Can you open this jar of pickles for me?"

You say, "Yes, Dear."



She says, "Can you stop on your way to work and put $100 into my checking account?"

You say, "Yes, Dear."

There are, of course some exceptions to the Yes, Dear mantra.

She says, "I have a headache."

You say, "Sorry, dear, I didn't hear what you said."

1 comment:

  1. Yes dear sounds lovely.....stopping by from A to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete