Outside of the centerfold in Playboy, nothing makes a male's heart pound faster than something that goes Varoooooom!
Add a motor to anything with wheels and almost every time my eyes will light up and I'll utter, "Ohhh, I like that! I want one!"
Even the contraption above looks like it would be fun to ride around town.
I've owned and driven my share of motorized vehicles. Can you top this list of some of my more unusual varoomers?
- A Cushman motorscooter (when I was in high school)
- An old English Ford and a 1960 English Ford Anglia
- A 1963 Sunbeam Alpine sports car
- A 1963 Pontiac convertible with a big police V8 in it
- Farmall, John Deere and Allison tractors
- Caterpillar bulldozer
- Boats with big outboards
- Riding lawnmowers (even though I had a very small lot to mow)
- Motorcycles - big and small (like a Honda Trail 90)
- A 1963 VW bus (where I used a brick on the accelerator for cruise control)
- A 1995 Dodge Custom Van (which I still own and drive)
- Owned a late model stock car (but never drove it in a race)
- Gocarts (love zipping around with my butt only 2 inches off the ground)
I've seen a bright yellow motorcycle with yellow enclosed sidecar a few times in the neighborhood recently. Awesome! Even the motorized bicycle I see once in a while looks like it would be a blast to ride. At the car show in January, I fell in love with the Hyundai Equus. What a car!
I really only need one thing: to win the Lotto. Then I can buy a place with a ten-car garage and fill it! Come back tomorrow for a list of what I'd like to have.
What kind of things that goes Varooooom have you owned?