Thursday, April 26, 2018

W is for Why?



It only has three letters, but "why" carries a lot of weight.

Is there anyone who hasn't at one time or other looked up in the sky and uttered, "Why me, Lord?"

Only to hear a booming voice say, "Why not you?"

Going back in time to when my kids were toddlers, I often lamented ever teaching them to say "why".

You know the drill...

"Why can't I go outside to play?"

"Because it is raining, dear."

"Why is it raining?"

"Because there are dark clouds outside."

"Why are there dark clouds outside?"

"Because there is a storm."

"Why is there a storm?"

"A cold front is coming through."

"Why can't I go outside?"

"BECAUSE I SAID NO!"

Why do I suspect that I'm not the only one to get tied up in "why knots" with youngsters?


No comments:

Post a Comment