Saturday, April 14, 2018

M is for Mirrors


I don't know about you, but I absolutely hate mirrors.

I am now 78 years old and the person I see in the mirror just doesn't look like me. The mirror image is that of an ugly old man with liver spots and a bald head.

I still see myself as a dashing young whippersnapper. Hell, I even once had a cowlick like Andy in the Our Gang Comedies. When I asked God to get rid of it, I didn't mean for Him to make me bald!

I admit that no one has ever called me handsome. They stop somewhere after reciting: sweet, kind, sexy, loveable. They never have gotten to the handsome part. Or saying "rich" either.

With all of the technology available today, why can't I have a bathroom mirror that I can talk to? "Mirror, mirror on the wall. Show me what I look like to myself, please."   And, poof! I see Cary Grant.






3 comments:

  1. My bathroom in our rental has no mirror at all. It has a big window where I would have expected a mirror. I've gotten used to getting ready for the day without seeing myself. On the way out the door, I often run to a mirror elsewhere in the apartment to confirm that I didn't grow a third ear in the middle of my forehead or something.

    Emily In Ecuador | Mototaxis - Second Most Popular Way to Get Around Puerto Lopez, Ecuador

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right except I'd prefer to be Ann-Margaret. LOL!

    Donna B. McNicol|Author and Traveler
    A to Z Flash Fiction Stories | A to Z of Goldendoodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. At close to 81 and bald I avoid mirrors to, but dare not shave without one.

    ReplyDelete